Saturday, January 03, 2004

New Year's Eve

I came back from Buffalo on NYE and was very excited to see my friend Danielle who was hosting the party that I was going to. The day before I leave to come back to CO she calls and says that she is stuck up in Vail and asks if I will have the party at my house! Um, how 'bout NO! I not even in CO yet, let alone have time to make plans to have a party from 30,000 miles in the air! Jebus! So Lena, the other woman who was originally planning the party with Danielle saves the day and has it at her house. It was a sit down pot luck (people in Boulder LOVE pot luck, it's hysterical). We had 2 Indian dishes, quima muter which is basically ground meat, peas and potatoes, and this really excellent green bean, pumpkin curry dish. We also had olives, bread, cheese, wine, etc. It was a real feast. To top off the evening the woman who is hosting the party, contributes dessert. OMG!! Can we say YUM! Ice cream of course, or else I wouldn't be blogging but let me tell you how this woman presented it. It was plain vanilla ice cream on top of a wafer thin chocolate covered cookie, topped with blackberries and port wine poured over the top. I totally had the big O! Whoo hoo!