Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Public Service Announcement

I'm sitting here eating a small cup of Abbott's non-fat, sugar-free chocolate ice cream, and it is very delicious, whowouldathunk?

Yesterday I was driving along Ridge Rd. E. and I saw this place called "Ice Cream World"! So, as a duty to you all I checked it out. And I'm thinking it ain't no big thang, then I saw something familiar: those round ice cream sandwiches that I think we used to call Pinwheels when we were little. So I asked the girl scooping up some strawberry swirl "Did this used to be Carvel's?" And she said yes. So don't get all excited, 'cause Carvel's never was anything special.

Also checked out the place in Eastview Mall that's supposed to be similar to the Cold Stone Creamery. While it is similar in it's basic idea, it pales in comparison; it's very small and has no where near the options as CSC. But Kelly had a vanilla cone and I will say the ice cream was quite delicious. If anyone ever goes there and cares to make a report, you know where to do it.

I still think we need to make a road trip to Syracuse for the real thing.