Sunday, September 07, 2003

News and Updates

Number 1

Okay, so I was outta town all week in the studio, but I’m finally here to recount our lovely and spontaneous social with Pinky!

She was passing through town and called me last Sunday morning and said “I’ll be there in 2 hours!” So I called Cheryl and Mary Rose (Maria was outta town) in haste and we made plans to meet Pinky right off the Thruway. So we picked Abbott’s on Jefferson Rd. We all met up around 12:30 and gave introductions and hugs all around. We also met Pinky’s cutie beau, John, who graciously indulged all of our girly-girl, well, girlness.

Cheryl also brought the adorable Heidi who filled in for Maria smashingly, being that she got Vanilla with rainbow sprinkles! And we were all chatting and Pinky has this really cool book of photos and comments from all the trips she’s taken, and she had one from Buffalo last year when I opened for Don McLean. And I made a casual mention of what a “FUCKING ASSHOLE” Don McLean was, completely forgetting that little Heidi was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! Not used to kids, what can I say, but I was horrified and I looked at Heidi and her eyes were really big and her jaw dropped and I just kept apologizing to her and her mom. Can’t take me anywhere.

Anywho, it was awesome that Pinky was able to stop and meet everyone, and Cheryl took nice photos, which you can see
here. There’s a great shot of Mary Rose spilling ice cream all down her shirt. But the six-year-old didn’t spill a drop!

Pinky also sent me this photo of all of us:




Number 2-VERY IMPORTANT

Everyone please send a get-well e-mail to Colorado member Lisa who, believe it or not (I am NOT making this up) has West Nile Virus. Don’t post get-well’s here, because on top of recuperating she just started school and doesn’t have much blog time. Send e-mails here.

Number 3

Here’s a social we could crash!