Friday, October 03, 2003

Ice Cream Reminiscing

Since I haven't had ice cream in awhile I thought I'd share an ice cream memory I had today. While I was between the ages of 10 and 12 I went to a week-long Girl Scout Camp in the Dansville area each summer. You would sign up for a program that was geared toward an interest like water activities (fishing, swimming, canoeing, etc.) or horseback riding. Most of the days activities centered around your program, but there were chances to go off and do something else like arts and crafts. I often signed up to learn how to make ice cream because it involved eating the results. I remember signing up more than once in a week for this activity simply because homemade vanilla ice cream tasted incredible on a summer day. And it was definitely a departure from the camp food we were eating. Not that it was bad, but I don't think I need to explain why this was happiness!