Saturday, May 24, 2003

Ice Cream Song Circle

So we all met up at Monty's on Thursday. Singing that night were Mary Simon, me, Katie Miller and Julie Shields. She was really good! We got all set up and by the time we were done, all the goils were there: Mary Rose, Maria, Jessica and Cheryl. It was 9:00 and we had time before the song circle started. So a bunch of us hopped in Cheryl's mom-mobile and around the corner we went to: ABBOTT'S! Mary and Julie joined us as well, but Katie and her wifey, Charlene, were not at all interested, even though they're Alice the Mascot's mommies.

We chugged along to Abbott's and piled into the store. I think everyone had cones with some assortment of toppings or chunkies: almonds, sprinkles, etc. Then somehow the ice cream dude heard that Julie was from Kitchener, where he'd spent considerable time, and they got to talking. Talking just a wee to much, if you ask me, as it seriously bogged down the queue, since he wasn't serving while his jaw was yapping. And I really wanted to say, Yo buddy, dish while ya talk! But since Julie was a guest I didn't want to be so rude. Yet. So they kept talking. And I finally decided to say something to him but he finally said himself, I better stop talking. And I said Yeah! You're holding up the ice cream getting! In a nice way.

So Mary and Julie agreed that this was damn delicious ice cream! We all got our ice cream, and piled back into the mom-mobile. But as Mr. Dude had talked soooo long, I was already done with my ice cream by then, but the people who had been at the end of the line still had theirs. And while we were getting into the van I remarked that Cheryl has kids, so she's used to sticky stuff being everywhere. And SHE said, no I don't let my kids eat or drink anything in this van, so y'all consider yourselves lucky! We DO Cheryl! Not just lucky, but special. And nobody spilled any ice cream either.

Then we all headed back to Monty's to sing, with our throats all a-phlegm from rich frozen custard. Oh, and for the record, Abbott's on Park Ave. is really stingy with the ice cream.

The end.

PS: Photos coming soon.