Tuesday, May 20, 2003

So I was at my friends Jamie and Alex's house the other night having a BBQ to say good bye to my friend Suzanne, who is following her heart out to San Fran to be with her girlfriend. Everyone wanted ice cream (little good little piggys:-) and so we walked to this place on the Pearl Street Mall called Cold Stone Creamery. I don't know if there are any on the east coast but it has to be at least held up to Abbott's for a comparison. They have handmade, homemade, ice cream there that you can mix any of the myriad of toppings. They have cake batter ice cream (ya know like cookie dough-- it's not that weird!) When asked how it tasted so much like cake batter the employee informed us that it basically was cake batter with some milk frozen (or something)! WHOA! That's crazy. Anyway, there is sweet cream ice cream, coffee, double dutch fudge, vanilla bean, etc. The toppings were bountiful as well. All different kinds of fruit and melted peanut butter (YUM my favorite) sauce, hot fudge, peanut butter cups, heath bars, blah blah blah. As Maria would say, I digress. SO, ya pick out the ice cream flavor and the stuff to mix in and they put it into a VERY Yummy waffle cone! I had double dutch chocolate, and little coffee ice cream mixed with boysenberries and brownies with a little peanut butter sauce. IT WAS SO GOOD!!! Sorta like Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but better. Well can we just say I have found ice cream heaven here in Boulder, CO!