Monday, August 18, 2003

Ice Cream at Celebrate Erie

Even though it was raining and getting that damp, chilly feeling outside, I insisted on having a cone of Oreo ice cream from the Bruster's Ice Cream stand at Celebrate Erie. Heaven!!! Oh, I can't even begin to explain how wonderful it was to be able to eat quality ice cream from a vendor. Most places around Chautauqua County sell only Perry's. You have to drive to Fredonia to get Aldrich's homemade ice cream, and that's out of the way since there's nothing else to really do in Fredonia other than drink and eat.

My dessert after dinner at Papermoon (see my regular blog for link) was mango sorbet. Now, I know this isn't regular ice cream, but the flavour of the frozen mango was something to savour. I would compare it to a certain act of love in a non-"traditional" sense, if you catch my meaning *winkwink*