Tuesday, March 18, 2003

So the other day I was really having a bad day. All I wanted to do was go to the 7-11 at the corner and get my quick fix of ice cream. I am sure that you all never eat ice cream when you are stressed out or depressed right? Anyways, I had been going through my interview process for my MA all weekend while smultaneously taking care of this neurotic 80 year old woman (this is one of my jobs on the weekend) and just needed a little release. The day was going really bad.

First I had gone to my individual interview where the people giving the interviews were running late. The first woman had arrived 15 minutes late (I hope they took points off for that! Jeeze!) I start freaking out because I have to go take care of this woman in an hour and I start telling myself I am not going to make it there on time, blah, blah, blah. *I know I am doing this to myself!* SO, I finally get in there 15 minutes later and everything is fine until... They ask me some question about what my weaknesses are and I get all choked up and almost start crying. I am so embarrassed! I try to stop myself but by that time I have lost it. A few visible tears come out... I leave in plenty of time and go home to get myself together before having to go deal with this neurotic, obsessive compulsive woman. (oh I feel bad-- she is nice most of the time)

Anyways, my neurotic, mother calls me while I am home and continues to give me the cold shoulder because I am coming home for spring break and not following her advice to stay put. *gasp* She annoys me for 15 minutes while saying absolutely nothing of importance while I roll my eyes. Just when I think they are going to be stuck in the back of my head, she stops and we say good-bye *whew* but now I have to leave to go to work, having not rested at all.

I go to work where this woman has the furnace men over and tells me to make myself comfortable, that she will be a while. I sit there for an hour twiddling my thumbs because stupidly I forgot a book to read. This visit from the furnace men and the fact that she has to replace all 3 of them soon makes her incredibly nervous and upset for the rest of the day. We get nothing accomplished but talking about all the things she is behind on and should be doing. I tell her all kinds of things to try to get motivated, "you shouldn't should on yourself, blah blah blah, but to no avail. She sits on the bed for 2 hours wallowing until the guys to give her an estimate to trim her trees come. Then it is time to leave. We haven't gotten anything accomplished all day so she asks if we can go for a walk. I stay the extra hour and take her to Chautauqua for a walk.

On the way home I decided to stop at the store to buy a few groceries I pick everything up and get to the checkout, look in my bag for my wallet and it's not there! I start freaking out, my life is in this thing! So I leave my groceries there and go home to try to find this thing. I get in the door and start tearing the place apart. I look in the family room, my bedroom, my roommate helps me look. I can't find the damn thing. I call a restaurant I was in a couple nights ago. I check the food co-op. Nothing. My roommate suggests that I look in my bag again so I do. There is my wallet sitting innocently in my back pack, *batting eyelashes* mocking me! My back pack is black and so is the wallet please don't crucify my people!

Anyways, by this time all I want is ice cream. I say, screw the groceries I am gong to get an ice cream sandwich from 7-11. It's one of my favs! It has 2 chocolate chip cookies (soft) on either side of some delicious vanilla ice cream. *slurp* So I get to the store and there is this woman that was totally standing in front of the case blocking my point of entry. I don't know what the hell she was doing but she was standing there blurry eyed staring at I don't know what! I wait 5 minutes. I was so desperate for this treat by this time that I couldn't even ask her to move, I almost punched her! *gasp* I didn't, but was so frustrated by this time that counting to 10 just wasn't working anymore and I decided that rather than getting arrested for assault that I would go home instead. (Whaaaa call the whambulence) So that was my story about ice cream.