Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Back From the Maritimes!

Phew! I go away for two weeks with my parents and grandmother and you better move my ICF up to 5!!! I swear, I could have eaten my way through Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and Portland, Maine!

The run down. If you're in P.E.I. or in Nova Scotia and are hankering for some homemade, but very pricey, ice cream you can't miss with Cows. They have really cool t-shirts and most excellent ice cream. I stared mournfully at a homemade ice cream shop near Halifax that my parents deemed too expensive to buy from. We ate lunch at a Friendly's just over the U.S./Canada border, but the service sucked so much that we decided not to get ice cream for dessert. My mom made me by-pass a Ben & Jerry's in Freeport, Maine because it was too close to dinnertime. So finally I had my day when we stopped at a little family-run homemade ice cream shop near Saco, Maine. I had coffee cookies & cream. To die for goils! Let's just say that now I'm back in New York that if I want ice cream, I'll have it damnit!