Sunday, June 08, 2003

Impromptu

So I was working all day in my office yesterday, when I got this bright idea to go see "The Big Voice" at the local theater. And just before I was finishing up, Maria called me. So's I asked her if'n she wanted to come with me to the theater, and she said yes. And we went, and got in for free, because the stage manager, Lesli, is my friend, AND she held the show up for us, because we arrived RIGHT at 8:00. Love her!

After the show I asked Lesli if she wanted to hang, and she said one of the women from the theater was moving to LA and they were having a goodbye party for her, and they were all going BOWLING! So Maria and I said, Yo, we're down wit dat, it being so geeky and all. So by the time we get there, it's midnight, and the alley is closed! So I'm all, who's the genius who planned this? Whatever. So they all decide they were going back downtown to hang at Richmond's. Maria and I were NOT into the bar thing. So here we were, at Clover Lanes in Pittsford and what, may I ask, is DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET?

That's right, Maria's favorite Friendly's location, where we're all going on Friday for her birthday. So we said goodbye to Lesli and headed right on over. We thought the Colossal BLT sounded good because you get a free sundae with it, and when they brought the sangwedges, they had a big ol' burger slapped on them. Gross! I said hey! There's a burger on my BLT! And Maria said, Hey! There's one on mine too! And the waitress said, yeah, everyone makes that mistake. The Colossal sangwedges all have burgers. She offered to change them, but we said, fuggedaboutit! It's a small price to pay for a free sundae.

So we ate half our sangwedges as is, then yanked out the icky tough burger, and ate the rest of the sangwedge without it. Then we were bored with them, didn't finish them, and told the waitress to make with the ice cream pronto!

I had a combo Forbidden Chocolate/Vanilla with hot fudge. Maria had Vanilla. That's it. Just Vanilla. No hot fudge or caramel or anything. Vanilla. At least she had whipped cream with a cherry, and I gave her my cherry, and she tied both stems with just her tongue.