Saturday, June 28, 2003

Better Late than never

I forgot I needed to blog my Root beer float experience on the blog. I went to Gay Pride with my friends last Sunday and it was sooooo hot outside. They have this really annoying ticket system for the vendors wherein you have to purchase tickets in advance and then give them to the food stands as money. Now whoever planned this underhanded scam thought they were brilliant because inevitably you always end up with less tickets than you need to buy whatever you want so you have to either give them up or to someone else. HA HA, or so they thought!
It was sooo hot (like I said) and I was dying for some ice cream. The ice cream stand had a line that never ended and I really needed some instant gratification. Just when I was about to give up and faint I saw a glimmer of hope. There was a stand at the end of the parkway with a tiny little sign that said Root beer float 7 tickets. Now I don't even like root beer but I was desperate! I frantically dug in my pockets to find out how many tickets I had... 6! 1 short! I wanted to cry, 1 ticket away from the object of my concupiscence! I went over to the lady at the stand, quite distressed and told her my situation. After some pleading and with great kindness the fair lady relented and handed me over the best root beer float ever in life.