Thursday, July 10, 2003

Ice Cream Town, USA

You just won't believe it. I'm at the Mt. Gretna theater right now, 20 minutes before a show. And I had to tell you about this little place. Well, I'll talk all about this quaint, self-contained quasi-Chatauqua hell on my other site, but I wanted to tell you about the ICE CREAM PARLOR, that's right here on the land. It's called Jiggers, and it's about a 5 minute walk from my house. And they have all sorts of yummy ice cream sundaes and such. One would think I've been there every day, but I've only been there twice. Nobody likes a fat folksinger, remember. There's also a Friendly's in the nearby town of Lebanon. AND, I'm literally a 15 minute drive from Hershey, PA. I'm going there on Sundae- I mean Sunday.

My digital camera decided to stop working, so I bought a one-time use camera (Kodak, of course) and I've taken photos of cast members and band members eating ice cream at Jiggers and Friendly's, and will snap many at Hershey, as well. Perhaps I should start a chocolate website.... I'll post those pics when I get back home.

Anyway, today I had ice cream for dinner. I had a Jigger, which is ice cream with chocolate sauce, marshmallow sauce and Jigger nuts. But I don't like marshmallow, so I had whipped cream. And they're not allowed to tell anyone what jigger nuts are, but it tastes like bittersweet chocolate and nuts blended together, with perhaps a slight hint of coffee or espresso bean. And Nicky, my drummer, had a Jigger, too. And the cute adorable little jailbait girl who was making the jigger had just started working there today, and it was her FIRST Jigger. So Nicky popped her Jigger cherry, so to speak. I got her second Jigger. Sloppy seconds, I guess that's the best I can do.

And Nicky and I got a gig too. We're playing at the Allen Theater and Coffeehouse on Monday in Annville, PA. I got an hour set. Woo hoo!

See ya soon!

PS: I do believe Jessica and Maria have a little Jessica birthday ice cream to blog about???? Happy belated birthday to Jessica. She turned 18 yesterday!