Sunday, July 27, 2003

May I Be a Tad Lactose Intolerant?

After a hellish week at the Fair, Matt and our friend, Richard, took me out for dinner and then ice cream at Aldrich's on Route 60. Aldrich is a local dairy that makes homemade ice cream and has a little restaurant where you can eat this scrumptious ice cream. The interior hasn't changed in years, as testified by Matt who used to go there as a kid when his family made the weekly trip from Buffalo to Stockton to see his grandparents. I had cookies and cream ice cream, covered by marshmallow topping, topped with a form of cool whip (ewwww), and a cherry with a stem. Very tasty. My stomach disagreed shortly after. Thank god for immodium. I'm just hoping that my body isn't used to the heavy cream since we mostly drink Lactaid around here (Matt's really the intolerant one). So I may be joining Leah on this one?