Friday, July 04, 2003

While you all are out watching the fireworks I thought I would blog about my latest ice cream jaunt. Wednesday night I was watching "Dancing at the Blue Iguana" or some shit, waiting for my Red Baron Deep Dish pizza to cook when the phone rang. Normally I don't answer anything that doesn't give me info on my caller ID but for some reason I did and it was Maria! She asked what I was doing and I said I was going to be eating dinner around 7:17. So she said, wanna get dessert afterwards? And of course I said, um, yeah! And so we made plans to meet at Maria's favorite Friendly's at 8:15.

We get to Friendly's and while we are waiting for a table Maria is telling me which waitress got a hair cut and which one dyed her hair. Which I found slightly disturbing. But I got over it and we stopped gabbing long enough to order. Maria refused to tell me what she was going to get and made me order first so that I wouldn't copy her (I have no idea why she would have though I would!). She got a Caramel Fudge Blast and I got a Swiss Almond something or other. Neither of us could finish them. But Maria was able to tie her cherry stem in a knot while I couldn't (my tongue is way out of practice... anyone want to help me get back up to par? :) ). We continued gabbing for a while and then felt bad about taking up the table so we went outside. We chatted for a while longer by my car and Maria helped me put LZ stickers on my rear window. I only had one sticker and I couldn't figure out where to put it because I like symmetry, so Maria gave me one she had in her car. We talked about the Pride Picnic coming up (anyone going?) and 'Annie' and friends we miss, among other things. Then we wrapped it up and went home. This bitch has to get up early. So thank you, Maria, for inviting me out. I'm always up for going out if you are bored and want some company and nobody that you like is around. That goes for all of y'all. Happy Fourth.