Tuesday, July 22, 2003

My few pleasant Mt. Gretna (dont' go there) memories…

...which, of course, involved ice cream and several lesbians.

Mt. Gretna (stay away!) has an old fashioned ice cream shop right on site called the Jigger Shop. The Jigger is the name of their flagship sundae, a hot fudge sundae with chocolate sauce (Hershey’s, of course), and a crapload of marshmallow on it, topped with Jigger Nuts. It’s part of each worker's contract that they are not allowed to tell people what jigger nuts are, but it appears to be chopped bittersweet chocolate blended with some sort of nuts, and perhaps the slightest bit of coffee beans.



The menu




Inside the Jigger Shop. These girls take their job very seriously.




So the first weekend we were there, some of the girls went over to the jigger shop for some goods:


Erica, Shawn (lesbian #1) and Lori (lesbian #2) work that ice cream!





As does Melanie, who is eating a Jigger.




Later that week, hmmmm…perhaps even the same night, the band decided to go to Friendly’s in town (Lebanon, PA) for some food. Of course, we all got free Sundae’s with our orders:


I think we gave her the pretty waitress tip. Certainly she scores points for stage presence!




My beloved Nicky, drummer for Suds on this tour, has a hot fudge sundae.




The very adorable Heather, Suds pianist, has the very adorable Monster Sundae.




Frank gets his hot fudge sundae to go, because he is lactose intolerant. At first he wasn't going to get it at all, and I said "Are you mad? It's FREE ice cream! Get it to go and give it to somebody!" So he gave it to our Stage Manager, Lesli (lesbian #3):



Now, there were many other trips to Friendly’s and the Jigger shop, and more photos are coming, except that they are in other people’s cameras. There was the last week where the whole band and cast and stage manager went out to Friendly’s, and I took some great photos. Also, we had to sit in two booths, and remove the partition, and it was really bizarre how when the dude told us the table was ready and we could seat ourselves, all the lesbians went to one table, and the hets sat at the other. So much for desegregation.

You may also notice a lack of photos of your humble correspondent (lesbian #4). What can I say, I was busy archiving. But trust me, I ate PLENTY of ice cream, seeing as I couldn’t get laid, AND I was PMS-ing.

This photo was taken at the jigger shop, just to show how damn BIG the cone was. Check it out. It’s almost as big as her head!



And, as you may already know, I went to the Mother Ship. Yes, I went to Hershey’s Chocolate World! Woo hoo! And lookie what they had inside!


But I did not have any ice cream, seeing as I’d had a sundae for breakfast already that day.

And so, there ya have it! A short rendition of my ice cream moments at Mt. Gretna (avoid this place). When more photos become available, I shall blog as required!

Smooches!